Receipes

Friday 19 July 2013

Shatabdi wala cutlet :P

So here I am..in Shatabdi..yet AGAIN! :):)

I must mention that these visits back home (yes that is what I STILL call it) are so nostalgic but no matter how much I love them, the fact that I have to wake up at 4 kind of kills the feel (buy never mind, it lasts only till the time I am served 'Upma Cutlets' in the train.

Believe it or not, when I wake up at 4, to catch my train, just thinking about the cutlets going to be served makes it all worth it :P

I have tried these at a lot of places but just cannot get the same taste. I know a lot of you might think, what is so great about such unhealthy cutlets (considering the fact that they are served in TRAINS-oh yes WE earn soooo well, we travel ONLY in flights - point I shall elucidate later in the post) for now lets talk about THE cutlets.

Let me try and put the ingredients what I THINK are in it

- Rawa
- mashed vegetables (let us count on potatoes too please)
- NO chillies
- salt and black pepper
-fennel
 And then there  is a layer covering the mix, which i feel has to be made from rice flour dough

For me the USP has to be the lack of spices. Yes, you read it correctly.
I feel the fact that there are no spices, you can actually feel the original taste of the 2-3 key ingredients. Considering this is breakfast (lets forget stuffed aloo parathas with Lassi for a day - please please please) i think its Perfect! But it time, they should start serving atleast 4!!!!! How I Love them :D

Shall post detailed recipe once i get it perfect.

Now let us talk about the flight stuff. yesssss! So what if i at times LIKE a train journey? Pammi aunty has no business pointing out , ' Haye ni Mrs. Puri (my MOM) kudi vaaste flight nai karayi? Haye BECHARI!!!

[oh my god, Mrs. puri, you did Not get a flight booked for your daughter??? Awww poor girl]

Yea. Whatever. Fine.

The moment i reach back Delhi I shall try and make these AGAIN(considering i had a detailed conversation about these 'Oh So Special' cutlets with an aunty seated nearby and she had a LOT to talk about a LOT of stuff).

Oh god...she has still some more stuff to talkni about. Let me get back to her.

SEE YOU SOON. Bye!!

No comments:

Post a Comment