Receipes

Wednesday 26 February 2014

Paperboat #Natural Drinks

So here I am with a review of 4 flavours of 'Natural' drinks from Paper Boat.

 I got it in 4 flavours – Kala Khatta, Aam Ras, Jaljeera and Aam Panna.


 Paper Boat claims that does not contain any junk but the pack clearly says that it has added natural and nature identical flavours. Just to clarify picking up an extract from their website:
 A. Natural Flavours: Flavours have the exact chemical composition as the fruit and are derived from natural sources.
B. Nature Identical Flavours: Flavours have the exact chemical composition as the fruit but are derived through a chemical process.
C. Artificial Flavours: Flavours don't have the exact chemical composition as the fruit and go for the closest tasting substitute regardless of chemical structure. Or your well-being in general. With nature and nature identical flavours, you get the closest there is to the real thing without putting your family's health at risk.

 The drinks come in a cute novel handy packaging though I was afraid to carry it around as I wasn't 100% sure that it won't burst or spill. The packaging is not biodegradable. But it does require a much lower carbon footprint than your average PET bottles or Tetra-Paks. Though the packaging doesn't mention it but found out through enquiry that once the seal is open, it should be consumed within 3 hours if unrefrigerated and 24 hours if refrigerated. (Well it sure must be Natural!)

Coming down to assessment of flavours –

 aam panna was my fav without doubt! Just the right amount of sweetness and the first sip n gives you a hit of nostalgia!

 I didn't like the mango one and can suitably call it a substitute for slice etc – just with an upper edge of being 'close' to natural.

 Jamun – was actually a surprise flavor! Going by its deep purple colour I was expecting it to be more on the lines of blackcurrant (as I didn’t read the label first) and Whoa! Took me a moment to realize how Jamun tastes and YES Nostalgia again (I hardly see Jamun fruit in local market these days). It surealy was a pleasant surprise.

 Jaljeera was neutral to me as long as it taste goes. I was OK with it. Not too good, not too bad. A sure substitute if you are a Golgappa Addict :P
Ingredients

Hamper

No comments:

Post a Comment